Instagram has become one of the most popular social media platforms for creators to grow their audience and generate income. One way creators earn money on Instagram is through the Reels Play bonus program, which rewards creators for generating views and engagement on their Reels videos. However, recently, many creators have reported the Instagram reels bonus not working issue.
While the Reels bonus is meant to incentivize the creation of engaging and entertaining content, its bugs and glitches have left many creators frustrated.
Not seeing the bonus option after meeting the requirements or having it suddenly disappear can tank a creator’s motivation and trust in Instagram’s monetization systems.
With more creators joining Instagram daily to make a living, programs like the Reels bonus must run smoothly to avoid disappointing users.
This article will dive into some of the most common reasons why the Instagram Reels bonus may not work and provide solutions to help fix the issue.
We will look at factors like account type eligibility, minimum posting requirements, regional restrictions, etc. The goal is to help creators understand why they may not be seeing the bonus and what steps they can take to either enable it or resolve any technical problems.
Why is My Instagram Reels Bonus Not Working?
As a standard engineering practice, you must first thoroughly understand the root cause of the problem before diving into the solution part. At least you must have a starting point from which to start. This is one of the main reasons why you must learn about the causes behind the Instagram reels not working problem first.
Doing so will help you save time and effort and, in some cases, even money if you follow this simple procedure. So, keeping the importance in mind, I have compiled a list of some of the most common issues that one may face that cause the Instagram reel bonus not to work.
According to social media experts, the following are some of the main reasons behind this issue:
Account Type Eligibility
In addition to business and creator accounts, there has been some reporting that professional accounts may also qualify for Reels bonuses now. However, switching account types is not guaranteed – your content and engagement history will also be reviewed. Personal accounts remain ineligible for now.
Minimum Posting Requirements
The requirements likely vary based on audience size and engagement levels. Smaller creators may need to post and engage more frequently to meet the minimum thresholds. Larger accounts could qualify with less frequent but highly engaging content. It also depends on how busy Instagram’s reviewers are – requirements could become more lenient when they have more capacity. Consistency is key.
The engagement rate required may also differ based on niche – audiences that are naturally more interactive, like comedy/entertainment, may see 10% as the minimum, whereas educational/informational topics may require 15-20% engagement for the same number of views. Hashtag and location strategies can also boost viewership outside your existing follower base.
While certain regions are currently excluded, Instagram has gradually expanded reel bonuses to new locations. If your content is famous internationally, you could try appealing to Instagram and demonstrating your potential to help expand the program’s reach. They may make exceptions in limited cases.
Testing Phase Limitations
As more data is collected on creators’ usage and the financial impacts, Instagram will likely refine the eligibility criteria. They may experiment with lowering requirements temporarily or opening bonuses to more users intermittently as they optimize. Keeping engaged offers hope to benefit as programs mature.
How to Fix Instagram Reels Bonus Not Working?
To fix the issue of Instagram Reels Bonus not working, you can follow these step-by-step processes:
Ensure you meet the eligibility criteria set by Instagram:
- You should have less than 1 million followers.
- Your reels should have at least 1,000 views in the past month.
- Your reel content should not be misleading and adhere to Instagram’s guidelines.
- Your reels should be in one of the supported languages, which include Arabic, Bengali, English, French, Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Portuguese, Punjabi, Spanish, Tamil, and Urdu.
- Make sure your reels don’t have any watermarks or logos.
- Your reels must not be paid, sponsored, or partnership types.
Change Your Account Type
If your account is personal, switch to a professional or creator account because the Reels Bonus feature is available only to these two accounts. Here’s how you can change your account type:
- Open Instagram.
- Go to your profile by tapping your profile picture in the bottom right.
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top right corner to access the menu.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Account.”
- Scroll down and look for the “Switch Account Type” option.
- Choose either “Creator” or “Professional” and follow the instructions provided.
Wait for an Invitation
The Reels Bonus program is invite-only. Even after meeting the eligibility criteria and changing your account type, you may have to wait until Instagram considers you eligible to receive the feature. You’ll get a notification when this happens.
Check Availability in Your Region
Instagram has introduced the Reels Bonus feature in specific regions like the USA and parts of India. If you live outside these areas, you may not have access to the feature. You’ll need to wait until Instagram makes it available in your region.
Update the Instagram App
Ensure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. Updates often bring new features and improvements. Here’s how to update the app:
- Open the respective app store on your device (App Store for iOS or Play Store for Android).
- Search for “Instagram” and tap its icon in the search results.
- Check if there is an “Update” option available. If it’s not shown, you are already using the latest version.
- If an update is available, tap the “Update” option to install it.
Contact Instagram Support
If none of the above steps work, you can contact Instagram’s support team to report the issue. They may be able to provide further assistance. Please note that the Reels Bonus program is subject to Instagram’s eligibility and regional availability, and not all users may have access to it.
How To Get Invited To Instagram Reels Bonus
The Instagram Reels bonus seems like a fun option for lots of talented creators out there. But not all of us are invited to the program. Well, at least not for now, but maybe shortly, everyone may be able to apply. So here are some tips to help get invited to the Instagram Reels bonus program:
- Consistently post high-quality, engaging Reel content. Post at least a few times per week.
- Focus on content that keeps viewers watching until the end. Use exciting transitions, effects, sounds, etc.
- Optimize your Reels for discovery by including relevant hashtags and location tags—research popular hashtags in your niche.
- Engage with other creators’ content by liking, commenting, and sharing their Reels. Building relationships helps your content spread.
- Get at least 100-500 views per Reel consistently. Maintain an engagement rate of 10% or higher through likes and comments.
- Use exciting titles, descriptions, and stickers/text to pique curiosity and encourage interactions.
- Post consistently so your followers know when to expect new Reels; prime posting times are evenings and weekends.
- Cross-promote your Reels on other social platforms to bring in new viewers beyond your IG following.
- Try collaborating with popular micro-influencers in your niche for a boost.
- Be patient, as it can take 1-2 months of consistent, high-quality posting to get invited. Keep optimizing and engaging!
The goal is to prove you can attract and retain an audience. Stick with it, and you increase your chances of an invitation to the Reels bonus program.
To Sum it All Up
If you’re facing issues with your Instagram Reels Bonus not working, it’s essential to take a few steps to resolve the problem. First, ensure your account meets the eligibility criteria and complies with the minimum posting requirements.
Be aware of regional restrictions and limitations during the testing phase. To address the issue, check your eligibility, consider changing your account type, wait for an invitation, verify availability in your region, update your Instagram app, and don’t hesitate to reach out to Instagram support if needed.
By following these steps, you can increase your chances of getting invited to Instagram Reels Bonus and enjoy its benefits.
Thanks For Visiting!