The locket widget app not working can be a serious problem if you encounter it on your phone. It gets so much annoying when you are constantly trying to access the locket widget app but all you are getting is an error message.
If that’s what you are facing currently then we totally understand your feelings. In order to save you from such an annoying situation, we’ve written a detailed guide that explains why the locket widget app stops working on several occasions.
Apart from that, we’ve also mentioned a proper and step-by-step guide that explains how to fix it without any issue at all. So if you are interested in learning all this then keep on reading because you are about to find out how to do it in the easiest possible way.
Let’s not waste any more time now and start working on how to solve the Locket widget app not working.
Locket Widget App Not Working: Causes
The locket widget app may stop working for various reasons. Some of them include:
1) Device Error: If there is some device-related issue or bug with your smartphone then that might be the reason behind the locket widget app not loading properly. You need to check whether the device is running fine or not. If everything seems alright then try reinstalling the locket widget app again.
2) Android version Issue: If your android version is outdated then that could also be the cause of the locket widget app stops working. To make sure that this is not the case, update your system as soon as possible.
3) Unsupported Browser: If you are using a browser other than Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Opera then that might be the main reason behind the locket widget app not working. Make sure that you have installed these browsers correctly before proceeding further.
4) Network Connection Issues: Sometimes the network connection issues can lead to the locket widget app stops working. Try checking whether the internet connection is active or not. If it is not connected then try connecting it once again.
5) Device Storage Space Issues: If the storage space on your phone is low then that will definitely affect the performance of your device. This means that the locket widget app will take longer to load. That’s why you should always ensure that your phone has enough storage space.
6) Malware Infection: If your phone is infected by malware then that might be the root cause of the locket widget app not working. We don’t recommend installing apps from unknown sources. Always install only those apps which are available on Google Play Store.
7) Incorrect Installation: There are many cases where people mistakenly download the wrong versions of the locket widget apk file. If you are one among them then you should know that downloading the incorrect files can result in the locket widget app being uninstalled automatically.
8) Missing APK File: If you are unable to locate the locket widget apks file then that could be the reason behind the problem. It is recommended that you download the latest version of the locket widget application from the Google play store.
How To Fix Locket Widget App Not Working?
If you have made it this far then there is a higher chance of having a rough idea about the root causes of the issue. You might be having one or more of these problems which will be causing the app to crash.
However, you shouldn’t worry because in this section we will take a look at some of the possible solutions and will try to fix the locket widget not working.
Solution 1 – Reinstallation
This solution is quite simple. All you need to do is just uninstall the locket widget app completely and then re-download the same application from the Google Play Store.
Solution 2 – Update Your System
Another way to solve this problem would be to update your system. Updating your system will help you get rid of all the bugs and errors that are present in your current system. The process of updating your system is pretty easy. Follow the steps given below carefully.
2) Now tap on the “Download updates” option.
3) After that, select “AutoInstall”.
4) Then follow the instructions provided by the app to complete the installation.
Solution 3 – Reset Your Phone
If none of the above methods work for you then you can reset your phone. A reset will help you remove all the unwanted data from your phone. So, if you want to use the locket widget app again then you must perform a factory reset. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
1) Open Settings.
2) Tap on Apps.
3) Search for Update and reset settings
4) Now press the “Reset” button.
5) Wait until the process completes successfully.
Solution 4 – Clear Cache & Data
Clearing cache and data is another method to resolve the locket widget app error. Clearing cache and data will make sure that you won’t face any issues in using the locket widget app in the future. However, clearing cache and data requires a bit of technical knowledge.
So, before performing this step, you should first understand what cache and data are. Cache and data are copied versions of the files and folders that are used to process the app. The cache is produced by the system to make the tasks run quickly and help save the processing power.
You can clear the cache of any app by following the given method:
- go to settings
- find app manager
- locate the file you want to clear cache and data for
- open the file and search for the clear cache button
- press and click ok on the next prompt that appears
Solution 5 – Change The Android Version
Sometimes, the locket widget app doesn’t work due to compatibility issues with other apps. In such cases, changing the android version may help you resolve the issue. This can be done easily by following the steps mentioned below.
1) Go to Settings.
2) Scroll down and find the “About phone” option.
3). Press the “System Updates” tab.
4) Select the “Check for updates now” option.
5) When asked, choose the “Update all” option.
6) Once the update has been completed, go back to the home screen.
7) Find the locket widget app icon.
8) Tap on it to open the app.
9) Now you can use the locket widget as usual.
Last Minute Thoughts
The locket widget is an excellent way to keep your photos and pictures secured and share it with your friends and family right away. However, this app, just like any other one, is prone to bugs and errors.
Due to this issue, you may sometimes an annoying error on your phone i.e. the Locket widget app not working. To help you get rid of such an issue we wrote a detailed guide that will let you not only understand the root cause of the problem but also help you fix it.
After reading this guide you will feel confident enough to try fixing the issue yourself without taking your phone to a professional repair shop.