Sling TV is the first app-based tv service that allows you to access live and on-demand content over the internet. It is accessible on the majority of platforms. It has been rated as one of the most versatile alternatives to cable TV in the United States.
Sling TV provides access to over 30 live television stations. Compared to a cable connection, you can watch your favorite sports events, TV programs, and more without paying excessive money.
However, some customers have reported that the Sling TV app does not function on their Samsung smart TVs. It sometimes remains on the loading screen, buffers, skips, or freezes, preventing users from viewing their preferred channels.
Why Doesn’t My Sling TV Work?
We have discussed some potential causes of the Sling TV crashing problem.
- App corrupted: A corrupted or broken application might cause this problem. Perhaps the problem is caused by the Sling TV application itself.
- Temporary malfunction or bug: If there is a temporary issue or malfunction on your streaming device, Sling TV may function normally.
- Sluggish internet connection: A weak, slow, or unreliable internet connection is another potential cause for your Sling TV not functioning. Check and validate your internet connection to restore the functionality of Sling TV.
- The issue at Sling: A server outage is one of the most frequent causes of the problem you’re experiencing. If there is any problem with the Sling server, you may have streaming troubles on your Sling TV, which may cause your Sling TV not to function.
Fix Sling TV that is Not Working on Samsung TV
We’ve compiled and outlined some of the most efficient techniques for resolving your Sling TV problem; following the given methods and stages will assist.
1. Examine Your Network Connection
Before beginning any troubleshooting, verify that your internet connection is functioning properly. To test or justify your Internet connection, visit a speed test or any streaming portal such as YouTube.
If you can watch material on YouTube, go to additional improvements; if not, increase your internet connection.
Ensure no barriers exist between your device and the Wi-Fi to optimize the internet connection. Also, relocate your router closer to the streaming device; for a stronger connection, you may utilize an Ethernet connection.
2. Check Whether Sling TV is Now Down.
Have you checked the Sling TV server status? If not, check it immediately. If Sling TV’s servers got down, its streaming services would also be affected. Check to check whether Sling TV is experiencing an outage or repair break.
Examine the Discussion area to see if other users have the same problem if there is no outage reporting.
You may also get Sling TV-related material on social media platforms like Twitter. Check their page to see if they have posted anything.
3. Log in And Log out
Some customers reported that checking out and logging back into their Sling TV account resolved their streaming devices’ “Sling TV Not Working” problem.
- Run the Sling TV application on your streaming device and go to its Settings.
- Now, browse to the Account page and then select Sign Out.
- After logging out, forcibly stop the Sling TV application and resume it.
- Enter your passwords and then log in to your Sling TV account.
Does exiting and re-entering the Account resolve the issue? If not, go to the subsequent step.
4. Reinstall Sling TV On Your Streaming Platform
If Sling TV is not functioning on your device, deleting and reinstalling it may help. Follow the steps outlined below to reinstall Sling TV on your device.
- Uninstall/remove Sling TV from your device.
- Reboot your streaming device now.
- Then, add/install Sling TV on your device and determine if the Sling TV app is accessible.
You may resolve the sling tv not functioning problem on firestick, Samsung tv, and other devices by reinstalling the sling tv application.
5. Try a Different Network
ISPs (Internet Service Providers) often use various techniques and protocols to regulate online traffic and protect consumers. In this process, however, access to a crucial resource for the functioning of Sling TV (a recognized problem with streaming services) may be denied, causing the issue.
In this instance, attempting a different network may resolve the issue.
- Quit the Sling TV application and shut it forcibly (as discussed in the solution)
- Detach your device/system from the existing network and join a different one. If no alternative network is accessible, you may use your phone’s hotspot.
Now, refresh the Sling TV application and test its functionality.
6. Close And Relaunch Sling TV
As previously indicated, your Sling TV may be inoperable owing to a temporary fault or malfunction in Sling TV modules. Relaunching Sling after shutting the app altogether might help resolve a sling tv not functioning problem on your device.
The following steps will assist you in rectifying this situation:
On Android smartphones;
- Exit the Sling TV app from your Android smartphone and browse the Settings menu.
- Next, go to Apps or Apps & Notifications to find Sling TV.
- Select Force Stop > Confirm after that.
- Finally, restart the Sling TV application and verify that everything is functioning properly.
7. Upgrade The Device’s Firmware
Sometimes, out-of-date gadget firmware might create several problems. It may result in compatibility difficulties, which might cause the Sling app on your smartphone to crash and lag. If your gadget has not been updated in a long time, upgrading it might be beneficial.
Therefore, go to your device’s settings and upgrade its firmware to the latest version. After upgrading your device, run the Sling app to see if the problem has been repaired.
8. Change Your Wi-Fi Channel
Your Sling TV may be inoperable due to the WI-FI band you are now using. If your TV has a problem with your WI-FI band, you may adjust it under the Wi-Fi settings.
- Access your Wi-Fi settings using the IP address and login credentials shown on the rear of your router.
- Select Wireless settings from the menu.
- Determine if your router supports dual-band; if it does, there will be a setup choice.
- Alter the band settings and then restart the router.
Connect the Sling TV to Wi-Fi to see whether there is a problem. Now that you understand why Sling TV is not functioning on your Samsung TV, we hope you can resolve the main problem on your own.
If the issue remains unresolved, the best step is to contact Sling TV’s customer center.
Thanks For Visiting!