Time has become the most essential commodity in this fast-paced world, and anything that saves time is a huge relief. Instacart is an innovative app that helps people with grocery shopping and delivery, making their lives convenient and easy. However, like any other application, users can sometimes face issues with the app.
Instacart app is another name for ‘convenience’ and has simplified our lives in a revolutionary way. However, when technical hiccups and glitches take over, this same app can become a source of frustration. So, allow me to offer some easy solutions to fix your Instacart app issues.
Instacart App Not Working
Instacart is an app-based delivery service currently working in the United States and Canada. The users can browse through different groceries and select the items, then pay through the app to purchase them. Moreover, it also offers meal kits and meal plans, which help customers cook food by providing them with all the necessary ingredients and recipes.
Sometimes, the app does not work correctly, and the customers have to face inconvenience. So, if you are facing issues with your app, continue reading this blog till the end to resolve the technical problems.
Unstable Internet Connection
This mobile application solely relies on your internet connection to operate. So, if the internet connection is down or not working properly, the app will not be able to grab data from the server, and you will face issues running the app.
Check your internet connection and ensure that it is working properly. Similarly, a stable internet connection is the only requirement for the application to run smoothly. Moreover, try restarting your Wi-Fi router and reconnecting to the internet.
App Crashing or Freezing
Usually, when we are done using an app and do not close it properly, it continues running in the background. Typically, this should not cause any harm; however, it can become a problem sometimes and result in crashing or freezing the application. So, you need to force-stop the app and then relaunch it through the following method.
For Android Users
- First, go to your mobile phone’s settings and click the ‘apps’ tab.
- Next, click on the ‘Instacart’ app from the list of applications available and tap on the ‘force stop’ tab.
- Finally, reopen the app, and it should work fine.
For iPhone Users
- First, double-tap the ‘home’ button, and the running apps will be displayed on your screen.
- Next, find Instacart and swipe up to close it.
- Lastly, open the app again to check if it is working properly.
Some of your app’s data is saved as a cache to improve performance. However, the app will not work correctly if the cache data is overabundant. Therefore, clearing the cache data now and then and restoring the app to default is essential.
If you are using an Android phone, go to the settings and then click on the ‘applications’ or ‘apps.’ Afterward, click the ‘Instacart’ app and go to the ‘storage’ option. Lastly, you need to tap on the ‘clear cache’ and ‘clear data’ tabs to fix the cache issue.
Additionally, if you are an iPhone user, go to settings, click on ‘general,’ then ‘iPhone storage.’ A list of apps will appear; click on ‘Instacart’ and then on the ‘offload app’ tab.
Outdated Versions of the App and Phone
Generally, the apps and phones develop new and improved versions to eliminate bugs and glitches. Therefore, if your phone or app uses outdated versions, you will likely encounter issues with your application. So, update it by using the following methods.
For Android Users
- First, you must update your app by visiting the Google Play or App Store and clicking the ‘update’ button near the ‘Instacart’ App.
- Furthermore, for Android system software updates, go to your mobile phone’s settings and navigate to ‘system.’
- Moreover, click ‘system update’ then ‘check for updates’; you can easily update your phone from here.
For iPhone Users
- IPhone users should open their ‘general settings’ and tap on ‘automatic updates’ from ‘software update.’
- Afterward, click ‘download iOS updates’ and ‘install iOS updates’ to upgrade your iPhone operating system to the latest version.
Instacart Hanging and Crashing
If the app continues to hang and crash, it might be due to the servers. Check if the Instacart server is down, and then try again after a few minutes. Moreover, you can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the app and restarting your phone.
How do I fix my Instacart account?
- First, click on the ‘forgot my password’ option.
- Next, click on ‘Reset’.
- Then, enter your email address and tap on ‘Reset password.’
- Lastly, follow the steps given in your confirmation email to reset your password/email.
In a nutshell, the Instacart app is a digital way to do grocery shopping and delivery through your phone to save time and energy. However, users can sometimes encounter technical issues with the app. So, try the above-mentioned solutions, and if the problem persists, contact customer support.
Thanks For Visiting!