Are you an NBA fan and do not want to miss out on anything? The official NBA app can keep you updated by listing the games by date so they are easy to find. However, the app can sometimes encounter technical issues, and instead of staying updated, you will have to deal with the frustration.
This app has highlight clips, breaking news alerts, and the latest score. Lately, users constantly complain about the app not working on Android, iPhone, and Windows. So, let me share why your NBA app is not working and how to fix it.
NBA App Not Working
The NBA app enables the users to watch out of the market content like the regular-season games live. Moreover, you can subscribe to the app’s League Pass and League Pass Premium tiers for more premium content. You can also follow your favorite teams and players and watch recaps of the previous games to stay updated.
Its story feature keeps the users in touch with the latest action. Furthermore, fans can also make their NBA ID for more personalized content, partner discounts, and other benefits. Nevertheless, if the app is not working for you and you want to fix it as soon as possible, continue reading this blog until the end.
Internet Connection Issues
The internet connectivity issue is the most common reason your NBA app might not work. Furthermore, the app requires a stable internet to work smoothly, and if the internet does not work, the app is unable to catch data from servers.
First, you need to check your internet connection to see if it is working properly. Try to stream something live; if it does not play, it means you do not have an active internet connection. Similarly, you can disconnect and reconnect to your Wi-Fi network.
If the internet still does not work, restart your Wi-Fi router and reopen the app after connecting. Moreover, check with the internet providers to see if there is a problem at their end. You can also switch to a data connection.
Usually, the apps do not run properly due to the app’s servers. When a great number of users log in to the app simultaneously, glitches appear due to high traffic. Furthermore, you can now check on the internet if the servers are down.
The simple solution to these issues is to wait patiently for a few minutes. Afterward, you can reopen the app as usual, and your problem will be fixed automatically.
Using an Outdated App or Phone Version
The NBA app has updated versions to fix glitches and bugs. Similarly, the mobile operating system also needs to be updated regularly. So, if you are using an outdated app or phone version, follow the following steps.
For Android Users
- First, go to Google Play and click the ‘update’ option under the NBA app.
- Next, if the issue remains, open mobile settings and then tap on ‘system.’
- Then, click the ‘system update‘ and ‘check for updates‘ to see if your Android system software needs to be updated.
For iPhone Users
- If you are an iPhone user, go to the App Store and update your NBA app.
- Afterward, go to general settings and click ‘software Update‘ then ‘automatic updates.‘
- Lastly, tap ‘download iOS updates‘ and then ‘install iOS updates‘ to upgrade your iPhone operating system to the latest version.
The NBA app stores some data for better performance. However, the surplus of the cache data can do the opposite of what it is supposed to do. So, clearing out the cache data can fix a bunch of app performance issues.
For Android Users
- First, open your Android phone’s settings and tap the ‘Apps,’ ‘Applications,’ or ‘Manage App‘ option, depending on your phone’s model.
- Next, click the ‘NBA app‘ and then ‘Storage.’
- Finally, you will find the ‘clear cache and ‘clear data‘ options; click on them.
For iPhone Users
- First, open general settings and tap on ‘iPhone storage.’
- Afterward, tap ‘NBA app’ and choose the ‘offload app‘ option.
Other Quick Fixes
- Uninstall the app and then reinstall it and run it on your phone.
- Restart your phone and then run the app.
- Log out of the application and then log in again.
- If the issue persists, contact the customer support team on social media or through their official email.
Why is the NBA not working today?
Your NBA app might not work due to incorrect credentials, faulty internet connection, outdated application, cache and cookies, or server down.
Can I watch the NBA on a mobile app for free?
The NBA app requires League Pass Subscription for live game streaming; however, you can find some games that may be available for free. So, check the app regularly for free NBA games.
In short, the NBA app is a perfect platform for fans who love to stay updated on every new action. However, the app can crash or hang due to issues like weak internet connection, down servers, outdated versions, cache and cookies, or incorrect credentials. So, follow the above mentioned solutions to fix your NBA app if it is not working.
Thanks For Visiting!