One of the most annoying things that most Peloton Bike riders face is when they find their peloton heart rate monitor not working. We know how frustrating an experience this can be but you shouldn’t worry at all because we’ve got you completely covered with our super-detailed guide.
In this article, we will tell you to know only the reasons why your Peloton bike heart rate monitor might not be working. But we will also tell you some of the easy ways to get rid of such a situation. So if you are looking for a perfect solution then you have come to the right place.
So keep on reading to find out why the peloton heart rate monitor is not working and how to fix the Peloton Heart Rate monitor.
Why Does My Peloton Heart Rate Monitor Not Work?
The first thing that comes to mind when someone hears about the Peloton heart rate monitor malfunctioning is that it must be something wrong with the machine itself. Well, there could be many reasons behind this issue. Here are a few:
1. Battery Issues – If the battery in your Peloton heart rate monitor is dead or has run down then obviously you won’t be able to use it. You should always charge your Peloton heart rate monitors batteries before using them. It’s very important as without charging the battery, you won’t be able to use your Peloton bike.
2. Water Damage – The other reason behind the Peloton heart rate monitoring not functioning properly is water damage. If you notice any sort of moisture inside your Peloton heart rate monitoring device then you need to immediately remove it from your bike. This is because water causes corrosion and damages the internal components of the device.
3. Cable Issues – Another common problem faced by Peloton bike users is cable issues. In case you notice any sort of loose connection between the heart rate sensor and the unit then you should disconnect the cable and reconnect it again.
4. Software Issues – The software that runs on your Peloton bike is another major cause of the Peloton heart rate not working. If you notice any error message while trying to sync your heart rate data then you should try updating the software.
5. Hardware Malfunction – There are times when the hardware malfunctions and doesn’t work properly. For example, if you notice that your Peloton heart rate sensor is not working then you should check whether it is damaged or not.
How Do I Fix The Peloton Heart Rate Monitor?
If you want to make sure that your Peloton heart rate monitor works perfectly then you can follow the steps given below:
Step 1: Disconnect all cables and accessories connected to your Peloton heart rate monitor.
Step 2: Remove the Peloton heart rate sensor from your bike.
Step 3: Clean the heart rate sensor with alcohol.
Step 4: Reattach the heart rate sensor back to your bike.
Step 5: Now connect all the cables and accessories one by one until you see the green light.
Now you should be good to go! If this method didn’t work for you then all you need to do is to contact the company of the bike. We assure you that they will work without any issue at all.
Alternate Solution To Fix Peloton Heart Rate Monitor
You might have noticed that some people suggest doing an alternate solution to fix the Peloton heart rate monitor. They say that you should simply take off the cover of the heart rate sensor and clean it with alcohol. After cleaning the sensor, you should put it back into place and then attach the sensor back to your bike once again.
However, during our research on this topic, we found a bunch of other cool solutions that can help you fix your heart rate sensor on your Peloton bike.
Get The Electrodes Wet
The first thing that you need to do is to get your electrodes wet. This is not a requirement but still, some people have reported that it worked perfectly fine for them when they made their electrodes a little wet. This can be done by rubbing wet fingers on the electrodes.
Of course, you wouldn’t want it soaking wet otherwise you will damage them permanently. Another way of doing this is to put the monitor on the first one and make the surface of your hand wet where the electrodes meet. This will help establish a closed circuit and thus the heart rate sensor will start taking readings
Make Sure Bluetooth is Turned On
Another solution that many people use is to turn on the Bluetooth feature on their phones. Once the Bluetooth is turned on, you should pair it with the heart rate sensor. You can also download the app “Bluetooth Low Energy” which helps in pairing devices easily.
Once you have paired the heart rate sensor with the phone, you should now press the button located near the bottom right corner of the screen. This will allow the sensors to communicate with each other.
Try Other Sensors
Some people have suggested trying out other sensors like the Garmin Fenix 6 Plus or the Apple Watch Series 4. Both these sensors have been known to work well with the Peloton heart rate monitors. However, the only downside is that both of these sensors cost more than $200.
If none of the above methods work for you, then you should definitely consider getting a new heart rate sensor as there are plenty available online.
The heart rate sensor is one of the most useful sensors on your peloton bike that you must maintain and use well. However, sometimes you may face an issue due to which you may see your peloton bike heart rate monitor not working.
In the above article, I’ve explained some methods that teach you how to fix your heart rate sensor if it doesn’t work properly. Hopefully, it has helped you solve your problem. If you have any questions regarding this article, feel free to leave us a comment below.
Hope this article helped you to solve your problem. Please share if you know of any other solution or have faced similar issues.
Thanks For Reading!
- Peloton App Not Working On Firestick
- How To Fix Peloton High Five Not Working?
- Orangetheory App Not Working?
- Locket Widget App Not Working?
- Easy Steps To Fix Chipotle App Not Working
- My Chevrolet App Is Not Working?