The Sony subwoofer is an effective audio listening device. They are inexpensive and normally paired, so you do not need to make any further effort to get them up and running. Aside from producing louder sounds, the speaker can withstand variations in power.
Even though the subwoofer functions well, it has a few issues. According to some consumers, the device may not function as they expected. Others have stated that the subwoofer is not functioning properly.
Nonetheless, it might not be very pleasant.
In this article below, we will try to explain how to resolve the issue if your Sony subwoofer does not connect or work.
Why Sony Subwoofers Do Not Work? Here Are Some Possible Reasons
There might be many reasons why your Sony subwoofer and soundbar are unable to work:
Check out these reasons;
- Ensure that all wires are correctly plugged in before proceeding.
- Even though your subwoofer is wireless, You must still hook it to an electrical outlet for electricity. Verify that these wires are connected and hit the subwoofer’s “Power” button. This action should activate the subwoofer.
- If the subwoofer does not turn on and there is no light or indication anywhere on the device, the item or the cable may be faulty. First, try a different power cord.
- You may need to reset the system if your subwoofer is powered on but will not pair with your soundbar.
- Resetting your Sony subwoofer and soundbar is simple, although it varies significantly across models.
- The user manual may find the reset procedure if your model is not mentioned here.
Solutions For Sony Subwoofer Not Working
Here are a few fast fixes for a malfunctioning Sony subwoofer. However, we recommend you consult the owner’s guidebook before using our suggestions.
Let us guide you one by one.
1. Turn Off The Power
Before bringing your subwoofer in for repairs, ensure that the power indicator is lit. If there are no lights, firmly insert the power cable into the socket. Then activate the subwoofer by pressing the power button.
2. Try Raising The Volume
If your Sony subwoofer remains muted, you might solve this issue by pressing the Volume button. As you raise the Volume, ensure that it remains within typical ranges. To complete this challenge, you must push and hold the plus sign on the bass or subwoofer button.
3. Remove All Interference
Remove any obstructions between the subwoofer and the main speaker unit. After all, such objects might potentially block signals across the devices and quiet the audio.
Focus on metal things, wireless gadgets, and furniture as you utilize this technique. In addition, verify that the subwoofer and primary speaker are in the same room.
4. Try Resetting
As with many other gadgets, a fast reset should be sufficient to get the Sony soundbar’s subwoofer functional. Before you can get the finest outcomes, however, you must do the following steps:
Turn on the subwoofer. Hold the power, Input, and Vol- buttons simultaneously. Wait until the RESET button appears on the front panel, then release the buttons.
Remove the power cable from the wall outlet for 30 seconds. Reconnect the power cord to the wall outlet power on the soundbar.
5. Connect The Subwoofer
There is a good likelihood that the subwoofer will operate effectively if the soundbar and its subwoofer are connected perfectly. To use this technique, follow these steps:
- To access the AMP menu, use the remote control’s AMP button.
- Select WS.
- You may select S.ON or LINK by pressing the Enter key.
- Wait for the Start logo to show on the screen before pressing the Enter button.
- You may access the Subwoofer button by inserting a pointed tool.
- When the power indicator turns green, you’re good to go.
- The OK logo will display on the screen when you wait for it to do so.
- Activate the subwoofer by turning it on.
- To escape the menu, press the AMP button.
6. Disable The Night Mode
Night mode is meant to decrease volume levels at night, so your Subwoofer output is greatly reduced. Make sure you haven’t enabled Night Mode by mistake. Using your remote control, press NIGHT. Select [OFF] by repeatedly pressing the button.
7. Check The Fuse And Outlets
LEDs indicating standby mode are common on high-quality subwoofers. When the batteries are charged, this illuminates. Consequently, if this LED is OFF and the sub is connected to a surge protector or power strip, you must ensure that the sub is safe to use. If the prongs are not correctly linked, you might presume that the machine does not get adequate power.
You must also check your power strips and other electrical sources for broken or malfunctioning switches and the ones in the wall. Sometimes, it takes a single malfunctioning switch to set everything right. Plugging the sub into a separate power source will allow you to confirm this.
As we did in the previous answer, these cables must also be checked for damage and wear and tear. Check the sub’s fuse while you’re at it. For this, you may have to remove the rear plate. If you’re unsure what you’re doing, get help from an expert.
8. Reduce the Distance
How long does it take for your light to turn red and then back to green? If this is the case, you may need to adjust the distance between the subwoofer and the primary speaker. Place them apart by a few inches rather than side by side.
9. Contact Sony’s Customer Service
When everything else fails, you may need to contact Sony Customer Support. Additionally, this service center offers the greatest advice on how to solve any issues with your Sony subwoofer. These options for contacting this service include email, phone, and an app.
If you arrived at this page searching for “my subwoofer just stopped working” and it was a sudden event, we hope you found the appropriate information. If not, it is time to cease experimenting and contact an expert.
If your Sony subwoofer cannot connect to the soundbar supplied, do not purchase a replacement. It may resolve the problem by resetting the system. It should take no more than a few seconds. Remember that you may find information on resetting your subwoofer and soundbar in the product handbook if your model is not listed above.
Thanks For Visiting!
- Sonos Soundbar is Not Working?
- Sling TV Is Not Working On Samsung TV?
- Ford F150 Radio Not Working?
- Samsung Watch On App Is Not Working?
- Vizio SmartCast Not Working?
- Astro A40 Mic Not Working
- Netflix Not Working On Vizio Smart TV?
- Noom App Not Working
- Jabra Elite 75t Left or Right Earbud Not Working
- Turtle Beach Recon 200 Not Working
- Google TV Remote Not Working
- Youtube Vanced Not Working