If the screen mirroring on your TCL Roku TV isn’t working, you’ve found the most comprehensive page resolving your issue. Here, we’ll discuss possible causes and solutions for the mirroring mode issue with the TCL Roku TV receiver.
A power cycle on both devices and network troubleshooting is required for a functional mirroring style on a Roku television. Your mirroring method won’t be able to connect if the mirroring method is disabled or the devices are not connected to the network.
There is a vast to cover, so let’s start with the most common causes and how to address them effectively.
Why Did TCL Roku Screen Mirroring Work Once? Just Non-Working Now?
A few things could have happened to your TCL Roku Telly if the screen mirroring was functioning before you observed that the feature is non-responsive:
1. Screen Mirroring is Not Activated
It could cause your inability to use the screen mirror if you previously had it enabled but not at the moment.
2. A Television Effect
Certain functionalities may become dormant due to destruction caused by everything from out-of-date firmware to a buggy interface.
3. Defective Source Device
Information technology is more than possible that you won’t be able to use the screen mirror if there is a problem with the source device.
4. Avoid Making Use of the Network Mentioned
Your TV and source device might not be available for screen mirroring if neither is connected to the network. These are the traditional suspects, probably involved in your problem. We’ll start eliminating options one by one side by side until you identify the nature of the problem.
How To Set TCL Roku TV Screen Mirroring Not Working?
After you’ve familiarized yourselves with the potential causes of the problem, let’s move on to the best troubleshooting methods we’ve been able to offer you:
1. Enable Screen Mirroring
It’s possible that screen mirroring is called differently in your interface if it was previously accessible but no longer works with your new device. On your device, the screen mirroring capability may have a different name; here are some examples:
- Quick View
- Smart View
- Wireless Display
- Smart Share
Once you’ve located the ideal screen mirroring option, proceed as follows:
- Enter your device’s user interface.
- Look up screen mirroring or one of the labels.
- When you locate it, click the resulting link and choose Setup Screen mirroring.
- Follow the instructions on-screen to find your Roku device.
- Select as soon as your Roku device appears as a screen-mirroring event.
- Get the connection going.
If it still doesn’t work and you haven’t tried restarting your devices, that’s what we’ll be doing in the next option before we get in.
2. Restart Your TV And Source Equipment
Before continuing, try resetting both of your devices if, even after activating the screen share, the feature is still inoperative. You could also power cycle your television to eliminate any additional potential interruptions.
Power Bike For Roku TCL TV:
- Unplug both ends of the power adapter.
- Give it five minutes.
- Connect the power source’s initial end of the power adapter facing southerly.
- Turn on your television receiver and connect the other end of the power adapter to your television.
Reboot For Tablet/ Smartphone:
- Hold down the device’s power button until a slider displays.
- It would be good if you moved the slider toward the power offside.
- To turn on your smartphone, press and hold the ability button for 10 seconds.
After you’ve been cleaned up, try screen mirroring your devices again using the choices, and if that doesn’t fix it, let’s check for updates!
3. Update Your Source Device And TV
The firmware versions of your devices may not be compatible with one another if the TCL Roku TV screen mirroring is not working. You might not be able to use screen sharing until further notice. The best workaround would be to update the most recent firmware version and test.
Firmware Update For Roku:
- Go to Roku’s settings and select the System/Firmware tab.
- Then, select Check for Updates.
- Use the Utilize button to start the update.
Firmware Update For Smartphones:
- Navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- Change the software.
- To start installing the firmware, click the Update window.
Once both devices are operational, reboot them before attempting to set up the mirroring.
4. Connecting Devices To The Same Network is An Option
Your Roku TV won’t be able to start and enable your smartphone to share a screen if both of your devices aren’t connected to the same network. Follow these procedures to move both of your devices to the same network:
- On each of your devices, go to the WiFi settings.
- Verify your home network is connected to your television receiver.
- Verify that your phone is logged into your home network.
- Join the same WiFi network at home with both devices.
5. Resolve Network Issues With Solution
When you are certain that both devices are operational and connected to the same network at this time, a network issue is still a possibility. As you are likely aware, both devices need a strong internet connection to interact, so let’s south inept your network.
Practice the following to inspect and fix network issues:
- Restart the router.
- Forced cheque signals (if weak, move closer to the router).
- Remove all electronics from the vicinity of your router.
- Telephone your Internet service provider.
Note: To determine whether there is a problem with your network or not, you can conduct a free online test to determine your internet speed.
6. Reset Your Source Factory
Your source device continues to be the prime suspect because there isn’t much that could go wrong with your television. You should reset your source device to its factory default settings if nothing has worked.
How Can A Source Device Be Factory Reset?
- Activate Settings > Organization.
- Click Erase.
- Choose every phone’s contents.
- Enter your password to confirm.
- Remain patient for some time.
How To Reset TCL Roku Television?
- Utilizing your remote, push the home button.
- Go to System next.
- Select Advanced system settings by scrolling down.
- Get to Factory reset after that.
- Cut everything off and choose Factory Reset on the side-by-side screen.
- Hold off until the reset is finished.
- Once the factory reset is complete, just set up both devices and check whether screen mirroring functions finally.
Reboot and ability cycle both your devices, then join them to the same network to resolve a broken screen mirror feature. After that, try turning on screen mirroring again, update the firmware, and perform a factory reset.
After reading this article, you know why TCL Roku screen mirroring isn’t working; you all will be prepared to take action if the problem reappears. It would help if you didn’t accept any bugs, regardless of the source device you’re using, as long as it is compatible with your Roku TV and all the prerequisites from this post are met.