Don’t worry if your turtle beach recon 7- mic is not working while playing a game on your favorite gaming Pc. It is a common issue that occurs with these headsets. The problem is usually due to the microphone. These headsets have a microphone that is attached to the ear cup. Some microphones are more sensitive than others. It may be the microphone if you have trouble with the Turtle Beach headset.
You can try changing the microphone if the problem continues to occur. To change the mic, you must first open the headset. You should look inside the mic and think about what’s wrong with it.
Let’s have a detailed look at the reasons and solutions to that problem.
Why Is My Turtle Beach Mic Not Working?
Turtle beach Mic can be one of the possible reasons why your headphones can’t send a voice somewhere.
In most cases, It happens because of damage to the mic itself. Damage can occur when you use the headset in poor conditions. If you are using it while driving or in a loud environment, it can malfunction. It would be best if you did not use your Turtle Beach headset while driving or in a loud and unusual environment. That is because it can be difficult for the microphone to pick up the voice signals.
Here are some more possible reasons and solutions:
1. Check Your Microphone Device Settings
A disabled microphone may be why your computer isn’t detecting your Turtle Beach audio interface or headset.
You can adjust the microphone volume, so it doesn’t get too loud.
To solve and check these settings: Follow the below procedure.
1) Hold down the Windows logo key on your keyboard, and press the R key simultaneously to bring up the Run dialog. Type “control” and press Enter.
2) Select Large icons from the View by drop-down menu in the Control Panel.
3) Select Sound
4) Select the Recordings tab, right-click on any empty place inside the device list, and check Show disabled devices.
5) Right-click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.
6) Right-click it again and select Set as Default Device.
7) Right-click the Headset Microphone and click Properties.
8) Go to the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the most considerable value.
9) Click OK, then click OK.
Now that your headset’s microphone is turned on and set as your default device, and you’ve turned up your volume, try it and see if it works.
2. Check The Connection of The Headphones
You should check it every time that you turn the volume up. Also, ensure to check it before using the mute button. It would be best if you didn’t overlook that the headphone jack in some computers is different from that of others. The problem is that a bad connection could result in various issues. You may be able to hear sound from your headset, but you may not be able to hear anything else.
3. Ensure That The Mic is Not Mute
Before using a turtle beach mic, always ensure it is not mute. You must check the connection between the microphone and the headphone. If you cannot connect the two, you should call the electronic technician to get the help you need. You may be facing some problems that are not caused by your devices but by your settings.
4. Connect To Any Other Device
Try to connect your phone, computer, Xbox, or even a TV to the mic that came with your headset. If you can hear sound from any other device, then there is a possibility that you are not connected to your headset properly.
If you have the same problem you had in the beginning, then there is something wrong with the cable connecting the headset to the device. Try replacing the cable.
It might be possible that your headphones do not match the one you are using. You may want to switch out the cable.
5. Checking Mic Levels
Checking Mic Levels is an essential step in setting up your headset. First, you should make sure that your mic is working properly. Then, you should check the levels of the mic in your headset.
These levels can be found in the manual that came with your headset.
- Go back to your device’s settings window, right-click on your device, and select Properties.
- Once you get into Properties, ensure that the mic levels are at maximum.
- Always ensure the volume is turned up.
- After the changes, press Apply and Exit. You’re not using a lot of space. Check again whether the problem is solved or not.
6. Contact Turtle Beach Support
If your problem is not resolved yet and you have applied all the above steps, then the last and most precise method is to Contact Turtle Beach Support and ask them to replace the product. Explain to them your problem, and they will assist you and help you with all the necessary steps you should take accordingly.
After using all the jack of solutions but didn’t reach and resolve the problem, the Turtle beach support team will request you to send the headset for repairing purposes to its store.
They will resolve your problem or replace it with a new one, but only if you have a warranty or a granite card.
How to fix Turtle Beach Recon 70 Mic Not Working Xbox One? We discussed many ways to tackle this problem, and we found it. You need to make sure you do not hear any unwanted sounds. A bad connection between your computer and the headset could cause problems. You listen to sounds that aren’t there. If you are using a headset, check it and ensure it is not mute.
You may be using the wrong headset. You need to switch the cable because it’s not working properly. You should check the levels of your microphone before using it. If you don’t have enough space, you may need to delete some apps. You can contact Turtle Beach Support if your headset is defective or not working properly.
Please let us know if you have faced a problem like that earlier. If yes, please share with us how you resolved it in the comment section.
- Turtle Beach Recon 200 Not Working? – [How To Fix]
- Corsair HS60 Microphone Not Working? – [Reasons & Fixes]
- Fix Oculus Rift S Mic Not Working? – [Reasons & Solutions]
- Peloton App Not Working On Firestick – How to Fix it?
- PS3 Analog Stick Not Working – [Here’s How to Fix It]
- Jabra Elite 75t Left or Right Earbud Not Working – [Fix it Now]