Apple’s Airplay technology enables wireless media streaming between various Apple products and non-Apple devices. It allows users of Vizio TVs to show music, video, photographs, and gadget displays directly on their TV. So, what alternatives do you have if Airplay fails to activate?
If AirPlay on your Vizio TV is not functioning, keeps switching, or is not appearing, you may try updating your iOS device to version 12.4, ensuring AirPlay 2 HomeKit capability is enabled on your TV, turning off AirPlay on your TV, or enabling AirPlay Onscreen Code.
By connecting Apple devices to a Vizio TV through AirPlay, users may quickly integrate and show content from their devices on their televisions.
It is a really handy function for folks who want a wider interface to work on than their phones, tablets, or PCs can provide. However, what can you do when technology fails, and AirPlay on your Vizio TV stops working? Below, you will discover some solutions.
Why Vizio TV AirPlay Not Working?
After getting used to it, Apple product owners wonder how they got by without AirPlay. Not only does this feature’s functionality make life simpler, but its configuration is also very user-friendly, efficient, and straightforward.
Because of this, utilizing AirPlay to connect numerous media devices is frequently the most smooth method compared to others; nevertheless, if you discover that this function is not working on your Vizio TV, continue reading for a solution.
Please update your iOS smartphone to version 12.4 or above if AirPlay is not functioning on your Vizio TV. iPad Touch 6th generation and later, as well as macOS Mojave 10.14.5 and later, are a few other devices compatible with iOS 12.4 or later.
You Might Also like to Read:
You won’t be able to play AirPlay to connect your phone to your Vizio TV if you don’t have these devices or if you’re using an earlier model that doesn’t support this application.
How To Fix Vizio TV Airplay Not Working?
In this article, we’ve compiled fixes from several forums. All of the above solutions can correct the issue. Therefore, let’s begin with them and determine if these changes are beneficial.
1. Restart Your Vizio Television
There is a possibility that Vizio TV has certain faults and malfunctions that are causing the issue. Occasionally, these issues may be the cause of why Airplay is not functioning or displaying a missing error message. Therefore, to resolve this, you simply restart your TV.
Yes, if you reset your television, the problem will be resolved immediately, even though numerous people have previously claimed that this aids them in resolving this kind of problem. Therefore, testing this and determining whether Airplay has been enabled on your Vizio TV is recommended.
2. Confirm WiFi connectivity
Did you verify that your WiFi is operational? Your WiFi may malfunction, which is why you’re seeing this error message. Therefore, we advise you to ensure that your WiFi is operational and provides enough internet speed. You’ll need to visit the Ookla Speed Tester webpage to verify how fast your Internet connection is.
You should contact your main Internet service provider if your WiFi connection is slow. However, until they resolve the problem, you should power cycle your router/modem.
- In the meantime, to do this, you must first deactivate the power button and disconnect all the cords from your router.
- Then, after 30 to 40 seconds, connect all the cords.
- Then, press the power button until the router’s lights begin flashing again.
- Then, verify your connection speed once again.
- If it is resolved, there is no problem; if not, you must wait until your ISP provider resolves the issue.
3. Verify Your TV’s Operating System Version
Sometimes, your TV’s outdated firmware may prevent it from supporting the Airplay application. If that’s the case, You must upgrade your Vizio TV’s operating system.
In the past, we have seen that consumers often neglect to upgrade their firmware, resulting in several difficulties, like Airplay not functioning. However, when they upgrade their firmware, the problem is resolved automatically. Therefore, you should test this to see if the problem is resolved.
4. Upgrade Your Airplay App
Did you check whether a new patch update for your Airplay application is available? Yes, we may all be aware that we can now utilize the Airplay application to link our smartphone to our Vizio TV and access Airplay. Therefore, it is recommended to retain the Vizio Airplay application.
- When using the Vizio TV remote, you may update the Airplay app by navigating to the SmartCast Home by pressing the V button or, in this case, the Home button.
- Tap the Extras menu situated at the top of the screen after that.
- Then, choose the AirPlay option.
- After then, it is sufficient to ensure that the switch is in the On position.
5. Clear The Cache Information
Due to temporary cache files, several potential modifications prohibit your Airplay app from functioning correctly. Consequently, erasing the cache will be the best solution for you to resolve the problem. Consequently, you may remove the cache by following the methods outlined below:
- Press the Quick Home button on your Vizio TV remote to begin.
- Then, visit the Settings menu and choose the Apps option.
- Now, pick the Airplay app by tapping system applications.
- Then, click the clean cache button followed by the Ok button. That is all. Now, the cache data for the Airplay app is
6. Delete And Reinstall The Airplay Application
If none of the earlier solutions worked, you have no other option but to reinstall the Airplay application. And many people have reported success in fixing the “Airplay is missing or not functioning on my Vizio TV” problem. Consequently, we advise you to try this as well.
Don’t forget to delete the previous Airplay app before installing it again. Therefore, try this solution and determine whether the problem is resolved.
7. Reset Your Television
Still, no luck? Try resetting your television and then determine if the problem persists. Therefore, to reset your Vizio smart tv, follow the instructions outlined below:
- To begin, hit the menu button on your Vizio television.
- Then, using the arrow buttons, choose the System option. Then, click the Ok button.
- After that, choose Reset & Admin and press the Ok button.
- That is all. Select the “Reset TV to Factory Defaults” option and confirm with Ok. Then, wait for the television to be reset.
This article concludes on how to repair the Vizio TV Airplay if it is not functioning or is missing. You’ve already attempted each of the fixes mentioned above in this article. However, the problem persists; consequently, it is time to contact assistance.
Therefore, you may visit their official help website and describe your issue. However, with any luck, you will get a response from the authorities.
Thanks For Visiting!